Duskview Services is Ayrshire’s leading motorcycle MOT testing centre. Motorcycle MOT testing is a legal requirement for all motorbikes and scooters over three years old. This is to ensure your motorbike or scooter meets the minimum safety requirements. Without a valid Motorcycle MOT certificate, your insurance and road tax can become invalid and your motorcycle may not be road worthy.
Friendly & Professional MOT Test Centre in Ayrshire
- Motorcycle MOT tests available at short notice
- Appointments while you wait
- Collection & Drop-off service available
- Clean & comfortable waiting area
Why Duskview Services?
- Fully qualified testers – Our Motorcycle MOT test centre is staffed by fully trained experts all certified by the governing body, VOSA.
- Efficient service – We can complete your motorcycle MOT in only 30 minutes
- Professional friendly service – We are a reliable, local garage service near Beith, in Ayrshire
Call us now on 01505 502 169 to ask us to check when your MOT is due, or to book your motorbike or scooter in for a MOT.
What’s involved in a motorcycle or Scooter MOT?
The motorcycle MOT consists of:
- Lights – condition, operation, colour & the aim of the headlights must be correct
- Steering & Suspension – condition & operation
- Horn – operates correctly & is of the correct type
- Exhaust System – complete & secure. No serious leaks, excessive noise & is of the correct type
- Side Car – attachment, suspension, wheel bearings, alignment, lights & tyres
- Wheel Alignment – front & rear wheels are aligned correctly
- Frame – cracks, damage, distortion or corrosion which may affect steering or braking
- Wheels & Tyres – condition, size & tread depth
- Brakes – condition, operation & performance
- General – Include the condition & security of the final drive, foot pegs & the motorbike or scooter seat.
*Please note, this is general summary and is not a fully inclusive list of the Motorcycle MOT.