The purpose of brakes is to make your vehicle slow down or come to a stop while it’s on the move. That’s why your car, van or truck’s brakes are one, if not the most important component of your vehicle. The average sized car in Britain is 900 kilos, so in order to remain safe on the road, your brakes need to be able to bring all that weight to a halt when approaching a traffic light or hazard.
Whether you are checking your brakes before your MOT is due, before a long journey, or because you think there is something wrong with them, Duskview Garage can help. We will be able to diagnose any problems with your brakes and carry out the brake repairs in our garage in Ayrshire.
Signs that your brakes are faulty:
- A high-pitched screeching sound that wont stop occurs when you apply your brakes. This is because a small metal shim, (called an indicator), is giving you an audible warning that your vehicle’s brake pads need replacing.
- Brake fluid accumulates in a small puddle when the car is parked.
- Your car’s brakes don’t respond as well as they usually do or the pedal sinks downwards. (this could be mean your car has a brake system leak).
- The car starts “pulling” to one side upon braking. This means that the vehicle’s brake-linings could be wearing unevenly.
- A metallic, grinding noise that is caused by the disc and caliper rubbing together.
- A vibrating or pulsating brake pedal is usually a sign of misshapen rotors or that your vehicle is out of alignment.
Possible Reasons Your Brakes Need Repairs
- Worn or broken cylinder or brake lines
- Brake fluid is depleted or contaminated
- Malfunctioning combination valve
- Worn brake pads
If you believe your vehicle has any of these symptoms upon using your brakes, contact our garage now on 01505-502169 and our mechanical team can inspect your brakes for problems and carry out brake repairs for all types of vehicles.